HERBERT FAMILY PRINCIPAL DANCER
Goh Ballet Academy
SAN FRANCISCO BALLET
Joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in 2001
Promoted to soloist in 2005
Promoted to principal dancer in 2009
Appointed Herbert Family Principal Dancer in 2018
7 for Eight
Chaconne for Piano and Two Dancers
Criss-Cross (1st movement principal)
Don Quixote (Kitri, Kitri’s Friends, and Queen of the Driads)
The Fifth Season (Principal)
Giselle (Giselle, Myrtha, Peasant pas de cinq, and Solo Wili)
Haffner Symphony (Principal)
Nutcracker (Queen of the Snow, Snowflakes, Sugar Plum Fairy, Spanish, Flowers, and Grand Pas Ballerina)
On a Theme of Paganini (Pas de trois)
Prism (Pas de trois)
Le Quattro Stagioni
Romeo & Juliet (Acrobats)
The Sleeping Beauty (Aurora, Pas de six, and Enchanted Princess/Bluebird pas de deux)
Swan Lake (Odette/Odile, Neapolitan, Act I pas de trois, Russian Princess, and Czardas)
Trio (3rd and 4th movement principal)
Agon (Pas de trois)
Ballo della Regina
Brahms-Schoenberg Quartet (3rd movement)
Divertimento No. 15 (Allegro – Ballerina)
The Four Temperaments (Sanguinic)
A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Divertissement principal)
Serenade (Russian Girl and Angel)
Stars and Stripes
Symphony in C (3rd and 4th movement principal)
Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux
Theme and Variations (Principal)
Children of Chaos (Pas de deux)
The Dance House (3rd movement principal)
Ibsen’s House (Hedda Gabler in “Hedda Gabler”)
Anima Animus (Principal)
Artifact Suite (Principal)
in the middle, somewhat elevated
Pas/Parts 2016 (originated)
The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude
The Ruins Proclaim the Building Was Beautiful (originated)
Terra Firma (“Purple”)
Suite en Blanc (Pas de deux, pas de cinq, and Flute)
“...smile with my heart” (1st principal couple)
Winter Dreams (Irina)
Makarova after Petipa
La Bayadère, Act II (Nikiya and 3rd Solo Shade in “The Kingdom of the Shades”)
Paquita (Demi-soloist and pas de trois)
Variations for Two Couples
The Chairman Dances—Quartet for Two (Principal)
Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes
Raymonda—Act III (Raymonda)
Guide to Strange Places (Principal)
In the Countenance of Kings (originated role of Electress)
Classical Symphony (Principal)
Diving into the Lilacs (Principal)
Francesca da Rimini (Francesca)
The Rising (originated principal role)
Le Carnaval des Animaux (Turtle)
From Foreign Lands
Russian Seasons (Violet Woman)
Piano Concerto #1 in Shostakovich Trilogy
The Seasons (The Spirit of the Corn)
LET’S BEGIN AT THE END (originated)
The Promised Land (originated principal)
Dances at a Gathering (Yellow)
The Energy Between Us
Fearful Symmetries (originated)
Frankenstein (Elizabeth Lavenza)
Ghost in the Machine
Flames of Paris (Pas de deux)
Carousel (A Dance) (Soloist)
Cinderella (Cinderella and Stepsister Clementine)
Number Nine (Principal)
Within the Golden Hour (Principal)
Dance of Dreams (Dir. Benjamin Millepied, 2020) (Principal – Soloist)
- Received the Isadora Duncan Award for Outstanding Achievement in Performance (Individual) for the 2013 Repertory Season.
- Finalist at the Helsinki International Competition in Finland, 2001.
- Awarded silver medal (no gold medal awarded) at the Adeline Genée Awards in London, 2000.
- Finalist and prizewinner at the Prix de Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland, 2000.
- Awarded 3rd place with partner Nozomi Haga at the Japan National Pas de Deux Competition, 1999.
- Performed in Helgi Tomasson: As He Takes His Curtain Call, Chaconne for Piano and Two Dancers, 2022.
- Performed in Helgi Tomasson: A Celebration, Chaconne for Piano and Two Dancers, 2022.
- Performed in Starry Nights at Stanford Live, Serenade, 2021
- Danced Welch’s Swan Lake at Houston Ballet in Houston, Texas, in June 2018.
- Performed Binet’s Children of Chaos at the Fall for Dance North Festival in Toronto, Canada, October 2017.
- Danced Black Swan Pas de Deux from Swan Lake with Tiit Helimets at Fête des Beaux Arts, Allen Civic Ballet in Allen, Texas, 2015.
- Performed at the International Ballet Gala for the 80th anniversary of Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City, Mexico, September 2014.
- Performed Don Quixote at Paras Los Niños Bellas Artes Gala, Mexico, 2011.
- Performed with M & Company, Germany, 2010.
- Performed in the Noosa Long Weekend Festival as part of the International Stars of Ballet in Noosa, Australia, June 2010.
- Performed Flames of Paris and Baba on tour with M & Company in Germany and Poland, May 2009.
- Performed Diana and Acteon Pas de Deux at Tanzgala 2008 in Augsburg, Germany, June 2008.
- Performed Diana and Acteon Pas de Deux at Les Etoiles de Ballet 2000 in Cannes, France, December 2007.
- Danced the 3rd act of Don Quixote and Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux at the Spoleto Festival in Spoleto, Italy, summer 2006.
I love San Francisco because...
It's the birthplace of my career, my marriage, and my lifelong friendships...the food here is also exceptional.
What's your perfect day?
Going to Ocean Beach with my husband, John, and my Chihuahua, Iggy.
What can always make you laugh?