Anshan, Liaoning, China
Beijing Dance Academy
San Francisco Ballet School
San Francisco Ballet School Trainee Program, 2011–2012
San Francisco Ballet
Named an apprentice in 2012
Joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in 2013
Promoted to soloist in 2016
Promoted to principal dancer in 2018
The Fifth Season (Basilio and Seguidilla)
Giselle (Peasant pas de cinq)
Nutcracker (Dancing Nutcracker, Nutcracker Prince, King of the Snow, Chinese, Russian, and Grand Pas de Deux)
On a Theme of Paganini
Romeo & Juliet (Acrobats)
The Sleeping Beauty (Prince Desiré and Bluebird)
Swan Lake (Act 1 pas de trois, Peasants, and Russian)
Prodigal Son (Servants)
Serenade (Waltz Couple)
Theme and Variations
Fragile Vessels (originated)
Anima Animus (originated)
Pas/Parts 2016 (originated)
Grand Pas Classique
Etudes (excerpt) (Principal Man)
Suite en Blanc (Pas de cinq)
The Big Hunger (originated) (Principal)
Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes
The Little Mermaid (The Sea Witch)
Raymonda—Act III (Hungarian, Grand Pas Classique, and pas de quatre)
Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming (originated)
In the Countenance of Kings (originated)
Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes
Björk Ballet (originated)
Opus 19/The Dreamer
The Rite of Spring
Symphony #9 (“Angel”)
Piano Concerto #1 in Shostakovich Trilogy
Die Toteninsel (originated)
Fearful Symmetries (originated)
Frankenstein (The Creature)
Promenade Sentimentale (Pas de deux)
Stone and Steel
Cinderella (Fates, Spirit of Autumn/Mystery, and Courtiers)
Within the Golden Hour
- Danced in Helgi Tomasson: As He Takes His Curtain Call in New York, Chaconne for piano and two dancers, 2022
- Danced in Starry Nights in Stanford Live, Serenade, 2021.
- Tahoe Dance Camp performance, Jul 24th, 2021.
- Performed Scarlett’s Frankenstein as The Creature at The Royal Opera House in March 2019.
- Performed Tomasson’s Concerto Grosso at Fall for Dance at New York City Center in October 2017.
- Performed Tomasson’s Concerto Grosso at Gala Despertares in Guadalajara, Mexico, July 2016.
- Danced in the 2015 film of Tomasson’s Romeo & Juliet (Acrobats) in the inaugural season of Lincoln Center at the Movies: Great American Dance.
What's your favorite costume? Why?
The costumes from Scarlett’s Hummingbird because they’re as comfortable as PJ’s.
What can always make you laugh?
I love San Francisco because…
Love doesn't need an explanation.